Our pals at the Merseyside Maritime Museum have a fantastic competition on at the moment and we’re so excited to be able to extend this to our Cruise Liverpool website!
If the posters in the Sail Away exhibition | have inspired you then it’s your turn to get creative! Design your own shipping poster and send it to the Liverpool Maritime Museum for their online gallery. Your design could win a prize!
You can use any method you want to create your poster – draw it with good old pencil and paper, paint it, make a collage, design it on your computer, or use an app on your smartphone. Maybe go and see one of the many cruise liners that are visiting Liverpool this year | for inspiration – and remember to pop in to see the exhibition when you do!
If you make your poster in the ‘real world’ then take a photo of it or scan it, then send your design in by one of these methods by Tuesday 30 September 2014:
- Tweet it to @MerseyMaritime, with the hashtag #SailAway
- Post it on Instagram with the hashtag #SailAway
- Add your design to their Sail Away poster group on Flickr
- Add it straight to the online gallery using the uploader
The Maritime Museum will add all the social media entries to their online gallery, then in October 2014 all the poster designs will be judged by our very own Angie Redhead, Cruise and Operations Manager here at Liverpool Cruise Terminal. The winner will receive a goody bag, including:
- A framed print, signed by the Liverpool Cruise Terminal photographer
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal calendar
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal mug
- Some ‘I Love Liverpool’ goodies