Design your own shipping poster!
If the posters in the Maritime Museum’s Sail Away exhibition | have inspired you then it’s your turn to get creative! Design your own shipping poster and send it to the Museum for our online gallery. Your design could win a prize!
You can use any method you want to create your poster – draw it with good old pencil and paper, paint it, make a collage, design it on your computer, or use an app on your smartphone. Maybe go and see one of the many cruise liners that are visiting Liverpool this year | for inspiration – and remember to pop in to see the exhibition when you do!
If you make your poster in the ‘real world’ then take a photo of it or scan it, then send your design to the Maritime Museum by one of these methods by Tuesday 30 September 2014:
- Tweet it to @MerseyMaritime, with the hashtag #SailAway
- Post it on Instagram with the hashtag #SailAway
- Add your design to our Sail Away poster group on Flickr
- Add it straight to our online gallery using our uploader
Please read the competition’s terms and conditions | before you enter.
They will add all the social media entries to our online gallery below, then in October 2014 all the poster designs will be judged by Angie Redhead, Cruise and Operations Manager at Liverpool Cruise Terminal. The winner will receive a goody bag, including:
- A framed print, signed by the Liverpool Cruise Terminal photographer
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal calendar
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal mug
- Some ‘I Love Liverpool’ goodies